When you yourself have a hearth, then it is recommended to buy glass fireplace doors. Why? Listed here are a number of the top reasons why you must purchase glass fireplace doors:
· They can be quite attractive and striking additions to your current fireplace/home décor.
· They increase energy efficiency in your home. How so? Good glass fireplace doors act as a barrier between your house and your chimney. Without glass fireplace doors, heat is lost up the chimney – basically, in winter, you are paying money to heat your chimney. During the summertime months, you spend to cool it!
Other issues that you should know about glass fireplace doors:
· If you are using glass fireplace doors to enclose a wood burning fire and you leave them closed as the fire is burning, you will need to wash ash from the glass fire doors vent after every few times of use. The vent is essential – it allows your fire to burn just outside air so that most of the hot air from the within of your house can not escape up during your chimney.
· Use only glass fireplace doors that will withstand very high heat. Other doors can crack when put underneath the pressure of high heat. Ceramic glass is stronger than tempered glass in this sense.
· Ceramic glass fireplace doors allow radiant heat to pass right through and are highly heat resistant. Needless to say, for these benefits, you will have to pay for more than you’d for tempered glass.
· Tempered glass fireplace doors block much heat from engaging in the room. Needless to say, tempered glass fireplace doors can still enhance the efficiency of one’s fireplace by reducing the excess airflow that plague open fireplaces. When you yourself have an option, though, opt for ceramic glass fireplace doors.
· Make fully sure your glass fireplace doors are properly fitted to your fireplace – you would like them to be tight and well-sealed.
· Needless to say, the better sealed your doors are, the dirty they will get. You might have to spend additional time cleaning the soot off of well sealed glass fireplace doors – you do not want to ruin your view of the fire.
· One method to keep carefully the glass of one’s glass fireplace doors clean is to put in a glass airwash system.
· Although glass fireplace doors are with the capacity of keeping children and pets from the fire and the fire from your living room, realize that they’ll still pose a hazard – children can still get burned, by simply touching the glass or metal. Ensure that your children are well-versed in fireplace safety. Also, until your children are old enough, you may decide to only run your fireplace when they’re not home or have now been put to bed.